Frequently asked questions
Systems vary in pricing depending on components needed. Your local distributor will help you work out the best system for your needs and budget.
The Platinum Elite is smarter than your average air conditioner controller; it uses complex algorithms to adjust and maintain set temperatures for each room meaning it only cools and heats the rooms you need. Throughout the day, cooling requirements may change for individual rooms with some becoming hotter or cooler than others. The Platinum Elite senses this and adjusts airflow to maintain a consistent temperate, keeping you comfortable and saving you on energy bills by not overheating or overcooling rooms.
The Platinum Elite is compatible with all major brands like Samsung, Daikin, Fujitsu, Panasonic, Toshiba, Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioners using a suitable Platinum Elite Gateway.
Use our Gateway Compatibility Filter to search for your unit model and find out the Platinum Elite gateway required.
1. Check that your PE Tablet is connected to WiFi and has a good internet connection
- Go to www.fast.com (This should bring up an internet site that measures your internet speed)
- A good internet speed is 25 Mbps or higher.
2. Ensure you have the latest PE Tablet Firmware – v9 (202202141602)
- Refer to “How to check your Platinum Elite Tablet firmware version“
- If version is not the latest version refer to “Update your Platinum Elite tablet application“
3. Ensure you have the latest PE Tablet Application – version 1.6.1 (74)
- Refer to “Check your Platinum Elite Tablet application version“
- If version is not the latest version refer to “Update your Platinum Elite Tablet Application“
4. Restart your PE tablet
- Hold down the power button at the base of the tablet for 2 seconds)
- Click “Restart”
5. Restart your home WiFi router
- Refer router instructions or power off/on
Technical Support Articles
In many cases, simply changing the AC Reference Temperature to ‘Tablet’ or one of the connected Temperature Sensors on the Platinum Elite app will not have the desired effect. read more…
To get the most out of your Platinum Elite system it is important to keep the tablet firmware up to date. When connected to the internet your Platinum Elite tablet will regularly check for firmware updates and provide an indication when they are available.
To check your Platinum Elite firmware version follow these simple steps.
Wireless Sensor batteries should last at least 12 months so when your Platinum Elite system displays the ‘flat battery’ icon for a particular zone, it is a relatively simple matter to replace the battery. The sensors use CR2032 batteries. read more…
To get the most out of your Platinum Elite system it is important to keep the tablet application up to date. When connected to the internet your Platinum Elite application will regularly check for software updates and provide an indication when they are available. Updates can be applied via the software version page available under application settings as follows;
The version of the installed Platinum Elite tablet application is available from the Settings page as follows;
To enjoy the best experience from your Platinum Elite system it’s important to keep up to date with the latest software releases. read more…
Currently the ‘Alert’ icon will be highlighted when any major or minor alert is logged by the Platinum Elite system. Most of the ‘Alerts’ are nothing to be concerned about and are simply useful diagnostic messages for installers and service agents.